Apple’s ‘California Streaming’ event took place this week, launching product updates, including the iPhone 13, Apple Watches with bigger screens, and a refreshed iPad design. Meanwhile, make sure you’ve updated your Apple products to iOS 14.8 for tighter security. A spyware vulnerability has been identified, which can potentially allow a hacker to take over a device without the user having to click on anything #SafetyFirst.
- Turkey tests Twitter reactions ? Like reactions on platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn, the options will make it easier for people to give nuanced, quick feedback as they view a tweet.
- Pinterest is the latest app to look into a TikTok inspired scrolling, vertical feed of content. There will also be a new ‘Watch’ mode being tested for Pin discovery.
- Get tracking with Eyeware ?️ Eyeware is a patent-pending 3D eye-tracking software, that is applied in cameras to remotely track real-world consumer behaviour. The innovative technology monitors a person’s gaze to determine the person’s motive.
- Supermarket brands are tapping into TikTok. Walmart’s account, which launched mid-July, has more than 130,000 followers.
- Quality over quantity! 83.19% of the top-performing videos on TikTok have a resolution of at least 720P.
- Intuit Inc. has agreed to buy privately held email marketing firm, Mailchimp, for $12 billion in cash and stock.
- Graphic design business, Canva, has become one of the world’s biggest privately-owned companies after being valued at $40 billion.