Following the EURO 2020 game last Sunday, there has been an increased demand and pressure for social media regulation. UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson is meeting social-media executives to discuss the online racism aimed at England footballers, as well as asking how its companies are tackling bullying.
- Instagram Auto Captions coming soon ? After introducing to Stories last year, Instagram wants to make auto caption tools available for regular feed posts, a great move towards accessibility.
- Google and GoDaddy partnership ? To expand its eCommerce offering, the partnership will enable GoDaddy web store managers to integrate their product listings across Google’s surfaces.
A new way to train at home ?️ Carbon, an at-home training system, enables users to apply Carbon’s sensors to their personal gym equipment to track movement, or purchase Carbon’s integrated equipment. The Carbon smart mirror has 3D motion capture, which allows an instructor to personalise a user’s workout and weight routine remotely.
- Research shows that 46% of Snapchatters have started watching a new sport because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 89% of users are on Pinterest for purchase inspiration, planning purchases for what could fit well in their homes, offices or make great gifts.
- The gaming industry is taking over. Gamers outnumber American Football fans in the US with 36m are gamers, whilst 24m prefer to watch football.
- TikTok smashes it out of the park once again. TikTok was the most downloaded non-gaming app worldwide for June 2021 with more than 65 million installs.