Could the internet’s voice be getting even louder? The news and discussion platform, Reddit, is in the early stages of exploring a new feature that would enable moderator-run voice chats – a feature that Clubhouse popularised back in April 2020. Talking of Clubhouse, the audio-based social network might soon be worth a whopping $4 billion following its latest investor funding round. Click here to read more.
- Need some zen in your life? ? The TikTok ‘Wellness Hub’ has arrived and is encouraging positive behaviours. Various brands and creators are involved in the initiative to help spread more joy.
- More shopping for Snapchat ? Snapchat has introduced more e-commerce features with the acquisition of Screenshop. The app scans photos to provide clothing recommendations.
A peer-to-peer marketplace ? Ruckify allows users to post and/or book anything they’d like to rent. The company goal is to reduce unnecessary consumerism, promote sustainability and help users earn extra cash for things they already own.
- Deloitte research shows that over 50% of consumers would like more personalised experiences in various categories such as hotels, flights and furniture shopping.
- A survey conducted in June 2020 found that 75% of consumers have tried new stores, sites and brands during the coronavirus pandemic.
- In a recent study conducted by Google, 66% are choosing to watch digital video content in the evening. This is especially evident during the peak hours 8-11pm.