Sick of hearing about coronavirus? Well Facebook certainly is! The social media giant has started to ban certain ads to prevent efforts that may exploit Covid-19 fears. The ban includes the mention of medical face masks in advertisements and Facebook Marketplace.
Curious about how 5G impacts sustainability? A new documentary on BBC iPlayer explores how all the streaming and surfing we do on a daily basis can contribute just as much to pollution levels as flying. The internet is using more energy than ever before, and this is only going to increase with the roll out of 5G.
- The floor is lava ? Snapchat has added new ‘ground transformation’ effects to the platform. These evolving AR tools will create a whole new realm for branding.
- Trump in Twitter trouble ? Twitter flagged a video that President Trump retweeted as part of a new policy regarding ‘manipulated media’. The video featured a clip of Joe Biden.
- Hey Siri? Hey Spotify! ? Apple, Google and Amazon are the big dogs in the voice activation world. Spotify are looking to join the pack by bringing new voice control features to the app.
- Spitting Image is back ? New streaming service BritBox experiments with their first original commission – drum roll please… the satirical puppet show, Spitting Image.
- Israeli fast-fashion brand Adika sold 300 sweatpants overnight after they featured in a video that went viral on TikTok.
- Results found that 41% of marketers save budget on content creation by working with influencers.
- Forbes has published 11 different ways to effectively leverage Snapchat’s location-based Geofilters for marketing purposes.
- New York Times CEO predicts that Q1 digital advertising revenue will fall by 10% because of fears surrounding Covid-19.