First Instagram announced that it would be evolving from a photo sharing app to one focused more on video content, and now Facebook is making changes. Owner of both tech giants, Mark Zuckerberg, recently announced that Facebook will shift from being a social media company to becoming “a metaverse company”, functioning in an “embodied internet” that blends real and virtual worlds more than ever before.
- More user control on Instagram ? A new feature, Limits, allows users to automatically hide DMs and comments from users who don’t follow them. The aim is to curb online abuse.
- Twitter has had a makeover ?Twitter has outlined a range of new updates that have been implemented to improve the in-app presentation and to be in line with the overall brand refresh.
Investing made hassle-free ? Bundil is a secure and hassle-free cryptocurrency investing app in the US, where you can finance spare change from transactions into different cryptocurrencies. Link any bank account, round up your purchases to the nearest dollar, and then invest.
- eBay’s 2021 Christmas report found that half (49%) of people think that this Christmas will feel more traditional.
- The buy-now-pay-later giant, Afterpay, has been acquired in a A$39 billion deal by the US company, Square.
- Can you hear the music? There have been 7.5 billion ‘KPOP’ tweets globally in the past year using the hashtag ‘#KpopTwitter’.
- Let’s go shopping on social media! 74% of users say that TikTok helps them decide on what products to buy.